The Society for Human Resource Management today announced its 2017 board of directors.
The board will be headed for the next two years by Coretha M. Rushing, SHRM-SCP, SVP and chief people officer for Equifax Inc. in Atlanta. She has been a member of the SHRM board since November 2011 and was chair designate.
Rushing succeeds Brian Silva, SHRM-SCP, chief human resources officer and senior vice president, administration, Fresenius Medical Care.
Three new members of the board were elected. Joining the board on Jan. 1 are:
- Janet Alberti, CPA, deputy director, administration and finance, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Sally Anderson, SHRM-SCP, head of people development, global business organization, Google, Chicago.
- Michelle Bottomley, former senior partner and chief marketing and sales officer, Mercer, New York City.
Alberti and Anderson will serve two-year terms, and Bottomley will serve a one-year term.
Article Continues Below
SHRM also announced that three board members have been re-elected:
- Thomas W. Derry, chief executive officer, Institute for Supply Management, Tempe, Ariz.
- Patrick Wright, Ph.D., chair in business, Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina, Columbia.
- Gretchen K. Zech, SHRM-SCP, senior vice president, global human resources, Arrow Electronics, Inc., Centennial, Colo.
Derry and Zech were re-elected to three-year terms, and Wright was re-elected to a two-year term.