The headline above was the subject line of an email I received recently.
I know most of us would answer, “That would be great.”
Interestingly enough, I find it’s pretty easy to get applicants to share this information. Here are the questions I suggest you ask:
- Did your last employer give you a performance review?
- When did that review take place?
- Did you get a copy of the review?
- How did you feel about the review?
- What was covered in that review?
- How did you rate in each of those areas?
If you are interested in hiring the person, at the end of the interview, ask them to provide you with a copy of said document ASAP.
Article Continues Below
It’s that simple.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.