Here are 10 proven ways to boost employee engagement and, therefore, your business results:
- Share the history of your firm and your own work history with your employees.
- Tell them where you and the company are today.
- Then share the dream; tell them where the company is going.
- Share and live your values.
- Learn where your employees came from.
- Find out where they want to go.
- When you help people get where they want to go, they will help you get what you want, so help them get there.
- Ask them for help.
- Hold yourself and your people accountable.
- Celebrate and reward success and deal with non-performance on the spot.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.