Job titles have power. Titles set expectations.
Titles attract people and titles repel people. Job titles affect not only the employee, but the customer.
How much time do you spend figuring out what title to give a position? How do you decide if they are:
Article Continues Below
- Team members or associates?
- Hostesses or guest satisfaction experts?
- Recruiters or staffing specialists?
- Clerks or customer service specialists?
- Receptionists or concierges?
Some job titles are fun, some are creative, and some are serious, but they all have impact — and the right ones will help you build your culture and attract, motivate, and retain the right people.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.