If I could ask only one question in an interview, it would be …
Here is the one question I would ask in an interview as well as some, but not all, of its follow up parts: “Tell me about the very first thing you ever did to earn money.”
- How did you get that job?
- What were the three most important things you learned there?
- Did you like it?
- What did you do with the money?
- What is the one thing you’re most proud of accomplishing there?
- Tell me about your boss.
- How long did you last at it?
- What were your duties when you started?
- What were your duties when you left?
- What made you leave?
- Where did you go next?
More good questions
If you’ll send your favorite interview question to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll send you our list of the next four most important questions to ask.
Article Continues Below
This was originally published in the August 2013 Humetrics Hiring Hints newsletter.